Share

Monday, May 9, 2011

Switched



Goodreads Summary:
When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.

My Review:
When I started reading this earlier today I didn't think I was going to finish it. Actually I found the first 50 pages a little boring and moving quite slowly. I decided I would give it a few more pages before abandoning it...and that's all it took to hook me. I just couldn't put it down once I got past a certain point. This book is the first one I can fairly say was exactly like Twilight but with trolls (albeit pretty ones) rather than vampires.

The book begins with Wendy, a six year old, dissatisfied by her birthday party so much that her mother tries to kill her...literally attacks her with a butcher knife. As the story progresses an elusive boy at school, Finn, turns out to be the one there to take her to her other life, the life of a troll where it turns out the whole society is awaiting her arrival. She turns out to be a very special girl...
4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment